- Enhance your value proposition and boost your qualifications
- Earn up to 3.5 CPD points for attending the event
- Earn up to 10 CPD points for completing the post-course home-study (material provided at the event – additional R350 per member)
Scroll down to read about the event and our speakers.
We are proud to host the first ever Post-Retirement Planning Course (PRPC) for Financial Advisors in South Africa!
Having successfully hosted the 2019 “Introductory First Step Workshops” we will be running the second workshops this September. Our member IFAs are constantly looking to improve the quality and comprehensiveness of advice and financial planning they can provide their clients. One of the most challenging areas is post retirement planning!
Ageing populations around the world are facing increased longevity, insufficient retirement capital and inadequate social security systems. The pre-eminent problem is that very few advisors know how to properly plan for clients who are in their retirement phase, as the challenges to make investments work and the legislative implications keep changing.
If you want to enhance your value proposition and boost your qualifications, this course will equip you to advise, guide and help your clients, their spouses and families towards a better understanding of, and preparing themselves for, the multitude of realities and challenges of retirement.
PREPARING FOR INCAPACITY
A new overview on:
– Powers of Attorney
– Curatorship’s & Legal Costs (this is problem in cases of Dementia)
– 17 Years in Limbo, the state of South Africa’s pending capacity legislation
TRENDS IN THE RETIREMENT ACCOMMODATION INDUSTRY
Providing you with the latest information on:
– the baby boomer generation
– ownership models (life rights, sectional title, share block etc.)
– the care dilemma (funding primary, home-based, frail & dementia care)
– the implication of outliving retirement income (levy inflation, post-retirement healthcare, access to emergency capital in retirement etc)
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF RETIREMENT
Her book “Over the Hill Moon – a Guide to Positive Ageing” was published in 2013 and has now had its fourth printing. Her most recent work is geared to helping people plan – from panic to preparedness – and involves understanding the psychology of retirement as well as courageously facing life challenges.
PREPARING CLIENTS AND SPOUSES FOR RETIREMENT
Working through their book, “Rewire Don’t Retire”, Anne will show us how to prepare clients and their spouses for retirement well before the date and how to engage with the family during the post-retirement client journey.
SAIFAA MEMBER LOW-COST INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY
One of the greatest threats to any retirement investment plan is erosion through fees. Presenting an interesting option for cost-saving investing, Alex will share this first-ever opportunity that will be available exclusively to SAIFAA members. This will save our members many hours of research and due-diligence whilst adding value to their offering for their clients.