- This event has passed.
Bellville – November Forum 2017
November 13, 2017
Working out how to provide a sustainable income from your retirement savings is “the nastiest, hardest problem in finance”, says William Sharpe, the man who won the Nobel Prize for economics for a theory on how to match investment gains with risk.
SAIFAA now offers a further “SIX Different, New and Unique” Living, Life & Hybrid Annuity (LL&HA) Solutions that every Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) needs to consider as Options for their “current and future” Annuitant Clients plus Spouses and their future share of the R400 Billion Living Annuity Market
- 09:00/09:45 = Arrival, Networking & Registration (coffee, tea, water, fresh juice, muffins and scones).
- 09:45/10:00 = Welcome by Derek Smorenburg (SAIFAA) – “Update on Meetings to the FSB, Alexander Forbes IFA Symposium, Media Coverage & Membership Programs, Mission and Program for 2018”
- 10:00/10:45 = Lourens Coetzee & Duggan Matthews (Marriott) – “The benefits of an income focused approach for a more certain outcome when managing living annuities in a low growth environment”
- 10:45/11:30 = Deane Moore (JustSA) – “How to consume more in retirement and sustain this for life”
- 11:30/11:45 = Comfort Break
- 11:45/12:30 = Fred Liebenberg (Old Mutual Wealth) – “An ideal Living Annuity Investment: Does it exist?”
- 12:30/13:15 = Bernard van Wyk (Analytics) – “Securities Portfolios – the perfect portfolio solutions for Living Annuity Investors”
- 13:15/13:45 = Midday Break (tea, coffee, water, fresh juice, sandwiches, sausage roles etc).
- 13:45/14:30 = Jaco van Tonder (Investec) – “Dispelling some common myths around living annuities”
- 14:30/15:15 = Richard Carter & Shaun Duddy (Allan Gray) – “Managing living annuities to go the distance – how to think about drawdowns, investment strategy and risk”
- 15:15/15:30 = Announcements & Closure by Derek Smorenburg, Founder of SAIFAA.
IFAs are invited to join SAIFAA as Founder Members at a cost of R3 000 per annum or if a “FPI/FIA” Member at R2 000 per annum & IRO Multiple Individual Corporate Members at R2 400 per annum “per person” in accordance with SAIFAA Membership Guiding Principles and Rules.
Industry Delegates will be considered at a cost of R1 500 IRO the October Forum(s) if space allows!
RSVP with your choice of Venue, confirm whether you are a Founder Member and bring at least one additional “pre-paid” Founder Member with you! Founder Members will be able to attend these Forums including the February 2018 planned functions “free of charge”.
Account Number: 62711275786
Branch Code: 250655
Please send payment verification to email@example.com